The Platform... Early Stages!

So I promised to give an update on the building stages of the platform and work started yesterday so I had to let you all know! Some of you may know but we decided that as we are surrounded by so much beautiful land and water it would be great to have a secret spot to whisk the wedding couple away too and we're building just that!
Stage one: We knew the location over looking the water would be perfect, the glass lake reflecting back the surroundings just looked amazing. So the work began... First the posts have been suck into the ground for the base...
For those of you (like me at first!) wondering why the posts are so high these are just for the initial building stage and will be cut down to ground level when completed. We are also building steps down to the platform so it will be very easy to step straight onto - even in a wedding dress!

I thought it would be good to have a few different effects on the pictures... getting so excited about the kind of images that will be created!
Once the initial stages are completed the floor base will be put down

Well I had to have a go on it! You can also see the reeds around the platform which will soon blossom into yellow Irises.
I will hopefully have another update next week! Let me know what you think??
x

Comments

  1. I think it's an incredible setting, enhancing an already beautiful venue that I'm lucky to be working at when I shoot a wedding there in July!

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY exciting Georgie! So many beautiful memories will be captured there - gorgeous!

    Jonny.

    x

    ps. nice posing! (and nice black and white shot too!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it looks lovely, cannot wait to get married there. I think you look good in wellies... Emmy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's like something out of Dawson's Creek!

    What a beautiful back drop

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am looking forward to getting married at Styal Lodge in July and it is great to see this new addition...very exciting. Hope it's ready by July

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts