The First Year


Wow... I just can't believe how fast the first year has gone! We have now reached the date on which last year we had our first ever beautiful wedding at the Lodge which was Laura and Mark. Laura recently gave birth to a baby girl so big congratulations to the both of them! I wanted to share with you a few special images from the past year that have made the Lodge everything we ever wanted it to be, some of these couples including Danielle and Sam (above) booked their wedding when the Lodge was still a building site way back in the Summer of 2009!
The Lodge is surrounded by lovely open green spaces and we've had some fun getting brides and groom's out on golf buggy's to get to the best spots! This year we will be building a platform out onto one of the lake's nearby to get some more amazing shots.


The bridal suite just has to be one of my favourite things about the Lodge, I remember when my mum and I designed the room we knew exactly how couples would need to use the space so we really tried to think of everything. The big gilt mirror is so perfect for the full length view when the bride is getting ready.
Owen and Livy decided to serve cask ale at their wedding as a treat for the guests, great idea! I love this picture by Jonny Draper.
The outside has really come on so much in the past months and I can't wait to see it all again this summer in full bloom! Sarah planned each aspect of the wedding garden so that during different months there is always something going on with all the different trees and flowers... this is definitely my Mum's area of expertise so I won't go into it too much but to say it looks gorgeous.
Our idea to have the 'Love Seat' put at the end of the garden has worked even better than we imagined and I'm so glad that so many couples have got some beautiful pictures on it, this is just one of James and Vicki by Jonny Draper. The rose arbour has really taken hold now and the fairy lights make it look magical at night!
This was the wedding of Sarah and Steve, they had a humanist ceremony at the Lodge which was stunning and McDonald Photography took some beautiful photographs- you can see the full post on the blog under September.
Letting off heart shaped lantern's, they looked so very pretty! (I took this snap on my iPhone.)
All important moments before the ceremony begins...
Another picture taken out on the course, one of my favourites.


To finish here is a great image taken by Jonny Draper, need I say any more? So romantic and the Lodge does look pretty cool don't you think?!!

So many memories and pictures from the past year, I could go on and on but I just wanted to post something about how special it has all been for us as a family starting the Lodge. We have enjoyed every second and met some brilliant people so thank-you to everyone for your support! We're all so excited about 2011 and all our new couples it's been great meeting you all and I can't wait to meet even more...
Richard, Sarah and Georgina Higham
x

Comments

Popular Posts